NFHC is here for you!
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
Our Vision is to become the trusted source that brings awareness, resources and solutions to increase the quality of Physical, Emotional, Spiritual and Mental Health of all Nevada Families.
Our vision will include:
- A community-wide strategic and balanced approach that builds community, family and individual assets; decreases community and individual risks factors; promotes science-based prevention strategies; and generally, promotes healthy communities for all to grow, live and learn.
- Public and family awareness and education of the inherent ills associated with drug and alcohol use, chronic disease, HIV/AIDS, mental health, infant mortality, etc.
- Evaluation, treatment, and counseling for substance abuse; and people, especially youth engaging in at-risk behaviors.
- Effectiveness of public policy in solving the social issues created by substance abuse and at-risk behaviors.
- Effective programs to change behavior to prevent chronic disease among populations served, with an emphasis on low-income families. There is a norm of respect and appreciation for diversity (racial, sexual, economic, age, religion, etc.) in our communities.
- Increase sustainability of prevention efforts in Nevada.
- Implement evidence-based prevention practices in Nevada.
- Place low-income youth and adults on a path to economic mobility by ensuring access to quality financial products, a working knowledge of the financial system, and a peer-based social support system.